simple "what is" question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BitisGabonica, Jul 26, 2008.

1. BitisGabonica

BitisGabonica Private E-2

hi all...having built and OC'd my machine.... i think i have killed one or two components... the PSU and the ram...the ram and psu are the only 2 generic things left...and i had to turn the ram down to 333 from 400 to have the machine be stable again!!! anyhow...

using everest to look at temps i notice MCP is on 80!!!! i remember reviews on this mobo said the NB gets really hot...the question is "what is MCP" :)

thank you, it may be i have fried one of the mobo chipsets?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

MCP is part of the name of many nVidia chipsets; for example, they have names like MCP51 and MCP61. MCP stands for Media and Communication Processor and it's a term used almost exclusively by nVidia, so if you have an nVidia chipset, then the Everest temp is referring to your chipset, and 80 is WAY too high (unless it's 80F then it would be awfully low; too low to be realistic). Try a different temp program like HWmonitor or even PCwizard....
    HWMonitor http://majorgeeks.com/HWMonitor_d5842.html
    PCwizard http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3846.html

3. BitisGabonica

yup i have nvidia chipset :( the gfx is ok... with everything underclocked it still runs..im on it now so i cant have "fried" like i said...but, it was really shakey after *it * happened.... so now it will be running cooler than befre as its tuned down :( but il get a screenie from omne of these progs and tell you my speeds ect..... the htt is only on 190 ATM ram turned down from 800 to 666 ....

4. BitisGabonica

[​IMG]

this was under no load at all ...as you can see by my running progs

WHAT it jumped to 207 celcius for a second...something is defo wrong here lol

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds