Broadcasting Videos with Audio as well?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pepelutivursky, Jul 27, 2008.

1. pepelutivursky

pepelutivursky Private E-2

Ok, here's my problem.
    I want to broadcast movies over Justin.tv via WebCamMax, mostly to have
    'movie nights' with some friends of mine who live several hours and states away.
    I can get the video to play just fine but the audio is a different story. Since it is a web cam program, it naturally wants to use line in so it won't play the audio along with the movie.
    Webcam Max does have a solution to the problem (namely going to the System Tray > Volume > Options > Properties > Selecting 'Input', checking Stereo and then selecting stereo.) However, I can't seem to do this with my computer - Stereo Mix is greyed out and not selectable.
    I have onboard audio as well (Asus motherboard with a Realtek audio chip), which I'm imagining isn't helping the situation.
    Another option is to use a mixer. I don't know a lot about them but I did see someone on YouTube using an older mixer they got off of Ebay for pretty cheap, then using adapters for all of their connections, since the older mixer had bigger plug-in spots than today's modern jacks. However, I didn't catch what mixer he used so I'm unsure what to really look for used.

Any help is much appreciated!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds