replacing the HD in an Archos

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cindysnoopy, Jul 28, 2008.

1. cindysnoopy

cindysnoopy Shotgun!

Hi guys! Our Archos Pocketdish AV402E 's hd failed a while back and we finally got around to ordering a new hd for it. When I called to ask about getting it repaired, the tech guy said that it's no longer supported but that it should be a fairly easy replacement. He said we should format it in FAT32. I was able to download the OS for it off of the Archos website so we're set with that part.

So now my question is... how do I format the new hd? I guess that it will be similar to the process of formatting an external hard drive, but I don't know how that is done either. The only formatting we've ever done is during a clean install of Windows.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-Cindy

2. cindysnoopy

cindysnoopy Shotgun!

Nevermind! I just powered it on and realized that it had a format option. It formatted in a couple of seconds and it looks like we're back in business. Wow, that was easy!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds