Partition on laptop I am trying to erase!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by infernalinferno, Jul 29, 2008.

1. infernalinferno

infernalinferno Private E-2

Hey guys!! First time poster here!! I wanna start off by sayin thank you chaslang and his "removing malware posts".. helped both my laptops a great deal..couldn't believe the no. of malware that was found on my laptop inspite of paying for a norton 2006 internet security pack... Finally I downloaded norton 2009 trial pack and it took care of that pesky "infosteal.gampass" virus....

I have another issue with another laptop.. I have an old sony vaio that i use occasionally.. It has a 15 gb drive that is partitioned into 5gb C: and a 10 GB D: that came from the factory.... It runs a 384mb ram and windows xp pro is installed...

The problem I'm facing is that I am almost down to 150 mb in the bootdrive C: after running windows updates... All my other programs are saved in the D:... Now the computer is extremely slow and unstable.. I somehow can't seem to remove the disk partition that came factory installed from vaio...

Any tips?? I tried paragon disk partitioner.. but no luck... any other method I can try to get rid of the partition and make it one 15GB drive.. I don't mind losing the info on the D Drive if that what it'll take..

Thanks buds..

2. infernalinferno

infernalinferno Private E-2

One quick piece of info I left out above.. When I open up computer management under Administrative tools, The C: shows Healthy (System) highlited in blue (Primary Partition).. while the D: shows Healthy (Page File) highlited in green (Extended partition)... Thanks. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds