Internal DVD Burner Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by soonercntry, Jul 29, 2008.

1. soonercntry

soonercntry Private E-2

Recently changed out Mobo and my DL Pioneer DVR-1810 Burner does not register as being plugged into the board.

The Mobo only has 1 IDE port, and that is taken up by my 2 HD's, so I bought an IDE to SATA converter and plugged my DVD burner in through that. This DVD player doesn't register, but an older LG Burner (Non-DL burner) works just fine.

I have tried manually downloading the driver for the DL burner, but it won't complete the install because it doesn't see the hardware.

Any ideas on what to do next?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Those SATA/IDE adapters can be real particular.... be sure the DL drive is jumpered for master, NOT cable select, and it probably has to be the only device on the cable. I have had no luck using 2 IDE devices on a single IDE cable plugged into a SATA adapter. It generally doesn't see either device, and in some rare cases it sees just the master. Can you possibly return the DL drive for a SATA DVD burner? They're actually cheaper than the IDE burners now......

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds