Unable to boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mojomug, Jul 30, 2008.

1. mojomug

mojomug Private E-2

Nothing at startup but American Megatrends. No option to go into setup or anything. Any ideas?

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

What is the make and model of this board. Is this a board you've bought new and you're building a system or an older one that all the sudden went sour?

Need as much information as possible!!

In the meantime...Make sure everything is connected and seated securely. Then try Memtest86 and see if it will go at least 4-5 passes without freezing or producing any errors.

http://majorgeeks.com/Memtest86_d1247.html

Let us know if you need more assistance with Memtest.

3. mojomug

mojomug Private E-2

I hope this is what you are looking for.....

Manufacturer: ECS
    Motherboard Name: RC410-M
    HP/Compaq motherboard name: Alhena-GL6

This is an older one that isn't working. There was a lightning strike in close proximity to the house. My initial thought was that had something to do with it. I opened her up and unplugged and replugged everything, still no good.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds