Cannot View Files on the Server

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gone_Surfing, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Gone_Surfing

Gone_Surfing Private E-2

Hi all,

We've got a 7 computer set up with a separate server computer running to control the whole thing. Each of the computers happily view each other, share printers and files:)... apart from the server computer:(.
    The C drive says that it is shared and that all permissions are set correctly but it wont appear in the network places in any of the other computers. Now, all the main computers are running XP professional and the server is 2003. Will this make a difference in file sharing?
    I can ping the server fine from the other computers, just not view the files. Im getting really frustrated over what i expect is just a little problem.

Cheers for any help.

2. Gone_Surfing

Gone_Surfing Private E-2

Ok, please disregard this question. about 10mins after posting drive I'd been trying to share decided to show up on the network... not too sure why, maybe the thing enjoys annoying me... oh well! (Maybe the threat of hitting the thing with a hammer really worked!!!)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds