C:\WINDOWS\system32\wxvault.dll not found

Discussion in 'Software' started by dbccbd, Aug 1, 2008.

1. dbccbd

dbccbd Private E-2

I inadvertently started to delete "Embassy Suite" not knowing it was a critical program. I understand from some other threads that it can be reinstalled but don't know where to find the file and where to install it. Does anyone know if the file can be found on my other computer that has XP and copied over, or can I find it on the internet?

2. DJMalik

DJMalik Private E-2

One quick fix to this is go to C:\Windows\system32 and all the way at the bottome there is an .ini file named wxvault1.dll, simply rename this file by deleting the number 1 out of it. Now everything should be working just fine. Let me know if this worked for you.

3. pnate1987

pnate1987 Private E-2

Thanks. I had the same problem as dbccbd. I did what you said and renamed the file and was able to get the system working again. You're the best. Then I went back and did a system restore.

4. DeeMig26

DeeMig26 Private E-2

I would like to thank you DJMALIK for your information....I did exactly what you said and my computer is back to "normal".

Thank you very much...You saved me a day's worth of stress..

Dee:-D

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds