New DVD-RW won't install...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by themediachick, Aug 1, 2008.

1. themediachick

themediachick Private E-2

I hope someone can tell me what the heck is going on here before I end up with keyboard imprints on my forehead....

I had a Sony DVD-RW DRU-530A that I bought and installed a couple of years ago, and it recently stopped working - I think the laser pooped out. Today I picked up an LG GSA-H55L and just swapped it where the Sony was. When I boot up the computer, it says new hardware has been found, but it's the original CD-RW and DVD-ROM that are being found. The LG isn't appearing in the Device Manager at all either.

What the heck happened? All I did was pop out the Sony and replace it with the LG....why isn't it being found? The specs seem to be fine as far as I can tell...both use the same interface...or, am I missing something?

Help is very much appreciated!

2. themediachick

themediachick Private E-2

Ugh...never mind......forgot to set the jumper. rolleyes

Why do I try to use my brain when I'm fighting a migraine?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds