virus or bad video card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computerd0011890, Aug 2, 2008.

1. computerd0011890

computerd0011890 Private E-2

ok so i finally get on to the internet for the first time with the computer i built and it has a new nvdia geforce 6200 which was working fine til now. ok everything looks fine except on a couple of programs this is really weird i have to post a screenshot[​IMG]

any ideas of whats causing the problem and it looks fine when i uninstall the driver but then when i reinstall any version of the driver it happens again even the one that came on the cd and its just certain programs... not every program/

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would rule out a virus as many dont give you the graphical effects your seeing, what I would suspect is graphic card and driver.

Make sure your Windows version is fully upto date.

If you have not installed the chipset drivers for your motherboard, do so.

Adjust the screen resolution and see if that removes the graphical problem.

Pull the graphic card out and then push back in firmly as it may not be seated fully in the slot.

What driver and versions?

But if this latest Nvidia Forceware driver doesnt work fine then suspect the card as bad http://www.majorgeeks.com/Nvidia_Forceware_for_XP20002003_d5934.html if you do have another spare GFX card then try that in the PC to rule out something else as the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds