Dead HD now in RAW format. Need help with Spinrite!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Solar, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Solar

Solar Private First Class

Hey fellas!

First of all, i apologize if i'm not posting this thread at the right place, but i believe i am because its about hard drive.

Two days from now, i came to open my Desktop and wanted to get to record something and noticed that my H Drive was dead. Yes dead, clicked on Properties and show 0mbytes RAW format. A friend gave me a copy of Spinrite (but he is not really familiar too much with it neither) and here is the situation.

I unplug all my other HD in my desktop and left only the C drive and the defect HD. Boot up with Spinrite and start the recover process. Its been now 2 days and a half that Spinrite is recovering. Yesterday i open my screen and shows up 97% done, came back later the end of the day still 97%, came back today still stuck at 97% complete.

Was wondering first if there are some Tech that are familiar on how Spinrite works and if yes, is this normal that Spinrite is stuck there? And if not, can i cancel and then before rebooting my system, connect the new HD that i bought to copy the recovered files into it or is there another software you would suggest that would be able to Recover intact files and folders and sub folders of a RAW format dead HD?

Thank you for any support!!!

PLease HELP! Its major, i need to recover this drive.

S

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds