MMC/SD Disappeared???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WhoDoYouThink, Aug 5, 2008.

1. WhoDoYouThink

WhoDoYouThink Private E-2

The MMC/SD "slot" on my computer doesn't seem to be working properly. It is not visible in Device Manager or in My Computer. I'm trying to get some pictures off the card.

Can anybody help? I'm running Windows XP-SP2 on a Compaq Presario Desktop. The MMC/SD was working fine.

I'm sure you'll need more info. But what?

Thanks!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

For starters, how about posting the exact model of the PC. Presario model numbers look something like "SR1750NX", at least the number looked something like that a year or two ago ;) Post the model number, and anything you may have done like installing/uninstalling software or you installed a new device (like a printer or a USB device) or you just removed some viruses.... anything.... but most important is the model number.

3. WhoDoYouThink

WhoDoYouThink Private E-2

Sorry.

The model # of the Compaq Presario is SR1030Z. Other than routine maintenance (disk cleanup, spybot, cccleaner, Registry Cleaner), no installations or program deletions have been made. Cannot find the MMC/SD drive under Device Manager or My Computer.

The fact that it is not visible in Device Manager leads me to believe that a driver was accidentally erased (maybe through Registry Cleaner).

Is there a way to reinstall the driver? Help. This is so annoying! :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds