Need help, at a dead end...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Talrivian, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Talrivian

Talrivian Private E-2

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I just recently purchased a VX1932WM Viewsonic 19" Widescreen LCD monitor. I also own an x800XT All-in-Wonder. When I plug my monitor in using analog, it boots up just fine. But if I use DVI, it will boot up fine, but when it gets to windows, the resolution is set to the lowest possible, and all I can see is the mouse pointer with a completely black screen in the background and a white/gray line across the lower bottom of the screen where the top of the toolbar goes. I don't know what to do. I can't get it to work with DVI. I hooked my old CRT up and windows is using Analog as the primary monitor. When I do this dual screen setup, my DVI LCD works fine. So... what I'm wondering is if this is a driver issue, or if there might be something causing my x800XT to use dvi as a secondary monitor no matter what?

2. Robocrap

Robocrap Private E-2

All I can think of is .... did the new monitor come with a driver disk???

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds