keyboard query

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BILLMCC66, Aug 7, 2008.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I have 2 dvd drives in my tower HP a6340 Pavilion and on my keyboard 2 buttons to open or close them, number 1 is the dvd read write and number 2 is read only.
    at some time in the last week a problem has developed in that button number 1 no longer works and button 2 now opens the read write drive which earlier was number 1.
    I have not changed anything (to my knowledge) so does anyone have a suggestion to what happened or how to remedy it please.

I have updated drivers but it is just the same.

2. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Does the keyboard have background software running to use these hotkeys?
    I know on my G15 I have to have all applications running to use any hotkeys...

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

sure MCA it has hot keys but i don't use them it's just the 2 for my dvd drives

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Yeh, but is there software that came with the keyboard? This needs to be running in order to use most extra buttons on a keyboard. Also, I'd check that all connections to both your optical drives are secure.

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

@mcadam the original software has not been changed at any time previous to this glitch, i tried updateing after it began.

@Muskie i am not sure if thats the same one but i will give it a try.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds