I can't do a check disk, defrag, or fresh install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shankster x, Aug 7, 2008.

1. shankster x

shankster x Private E-2

Hi all,
    I recently had a virus called WINLOGONHOOK that scrammbled my brain. I finally go rid of it after cancelling the process tree to explorer. While I was getting rid of it and all of its components, I think I deleted some serious files that were in system 32 and in the registry editor. When I boot the system, I get the default backdrop(blue and green rolling hills), then it loads my home page and programs. When I try to do a check disk, it says that WINDOWS WAS UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE CHECK DISK, and when I try to defrag, it will say DISK DEFRAGMENTER COULD NOT START. I've tried everything in safe mode, turned off system restore, tried a manual chkdsk /f command and nothing. When I try to put in my Windows XP disk that came with my dell computer, it wont allow me to install windows and start from scratch. Can somebody please, please help me so I stop thinking about this problem? Thank's a ton!!!:confused

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

3. shankster x

shankster x Private E-2

I just tried that and it flashed the dos screen and dissapeared. I tried to install windows xp since I already had the disc in my comp, and it said no valid system partitions were found, Windows was unable to continue. Any ideas????

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds