Port Forwarding

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sonche3, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Sonche3

Sonche3 Private E-2

Hi,

I've tried downloading a couple of shows using Utorrent from my laptop, but the problem I am having is that it takes soooo long for them to download.

I was told that I needed to "Port Forwarding" and that this would speed up the downloading. Can someone provide me with the step-by-step instructions? Also wondered if you could assist me in obtaining a static ip address?

I am new to this site so plese be patient with me.

Thanks

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Go to portforward.com and all is explained there. It does take a bit to learn but is easy enough. BTW, clicking on the bottom to the right of where the DHT is will get you going.

3. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Also the speed at which you download depends on:
    Number of seeders > leechers
    Your ISP in not throttling torrents
    Overall net traffic.

An external static ip would be setup by your ISP, internal by you going into props on the connection, selecting TCP/IP props and changing it there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds