syntp.sys blue screen of death help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by death2bsod, Aug 9, 2008.

1. death2bsod

death2bsod Private E-2

basically I get about 30 bluescreens a day and its not fun so im tackling them one at a time.
    first one im going to settle is

Stop:0x000000D1 which goes on to say synTP.sys

I'LL try and provide the best infomation I can, help please

cheers

my specs are
    OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name MILES-PC
    System Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
    System Model SR70S/SR71S
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7100 @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD 13AB, 02/06/2008

bluescreen info
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem
    Mini080908-03.dmp
    sysdata.xml
    Version.txt
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 0A7EE165
    BCP2: 00000006
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 89C3C164
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    I'm assuming you have a laptop PC, since syntp.sys is the touchpad driver from Synaptics. A little research shows that file can also be a keylogger/malware, but I don't think that's the case here. Go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall the Synaptics driver. If it's not listed in Add/Remove Programs, go to your PC maker's web site, and download the newest touchpad driver they have available. I looked and looked but could not find any drivers for a Samsung SR70S laptop. I did find drivers for a Samsung R70 laptop that has similar specs to the very limited info you provided above. Here's a direct download link to the touchpad driver, just click HERE and the download dialog will open. The remaining R70 drivers can be found here. If these turn out to be the wrong drivers, please download and install Everest, and attach the report, and we'll try to track down some accurate drivers (more Everest info below). Here's a link to more info about 0x000000D1 http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0xd1

Everest:
    (above instructions originally posted by MG member musksnipe... thanks muskie!)

Anyway, I hope this helps a bit, good luck, and keep us posted!

3. death2bsod

death2bsod Private E-2

thanks a bunch seems to have cleared up, one down 29 bsod's to go :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds