ISA external access

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KingSteve, Aug 9, 2008.

1. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

I've been hired as the new IT administrator for a college and my first task is to get the library database online and available for students to access from home. what i need here seems like it should be relatively simple but i figured id post up on here for some support with it.

the students need to be able to log on to their accounts from home which is already set up. they can access the school webpages fine. what i need to do is put up a link to the library server on the page they access after logging in that will let them have external access to the database. this will be via the ISA firewall. im sort of at a loss as to where to start with this since i havent dealt with ISA server before. i assume ill have to forward some addresses on the firewall... :confused

any direction on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds