EDD internal files moved, EDD sensed, icon present but the drive is not seen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kianhazer, Aug 10, 2008.

1. kianhazer

kianhazer Private E-2

please help.

my cousin who was playing with my laptop made 2 new folders in the 20 GB External Disc Drive (EDD) which was connected and stored all the contents of that EDD in these 2 folders including perhaps sys files or files of that EDD.

now i dint know this and i safely removed the hardware and the EDD.

problem now is that after that, the EDD is not recognised by any computer.

i mean the USB is connecting properly and the icon for "safely remove hardware" is seen but on opening my computer or windows explorer, the drive is not seen.

i tried troubleshooting, where i found that the device status showing that it is working normal.

i uninstalled the driver and then disconnected the EDD, then on reconnecting , the drivers got installed on its own and again the icon for "safely remove hardware" is seen but the drive is not sensed by the computer.

can anyone help me even just to open this EDD in DOS mode or in a way that i can restore the original files the way they were, or can separate the contents of the folder that were made.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds