Video application freezes multiple monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bbsan, Aug 11, 2008.

1. bbsan

bbsan Private E-2

One of my users recently connected a second monitor to her workstation.

She runs Windows XP on a Dell Latitude D820, standard config, with 2 Dell monitors. She wants to be able to run a video application to one monitor and Office applications to the other.

When she tries to run a video on monitor#1, the video jumps to monitor#2 and both monitors freeze. If she tries to run the video on monitor#2, she has no mouse control.

I know video applications prefer monitor#1. How can we keep it from freezing?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Exactly what is "standard config" for that computer, as far as video goes? Do you have one PCI Express video card or something else? Specifically what card(s) do you have?

I think that depends on the application. Has anyone tried some other type of video application, such as a movie on DVD, on that machine to see whether the same thing happens?

3. bbsan

bbsan Private E-2

Hey thanks, usafveteran.

Yes, 1 PCI Express.

Thank you, also, for serving.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

What about this?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds