Can't upload

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by michelev, Aug 11, 2008.

1. michelev

michelev Private E-2

Hi ... I don't know if I'm putting this in the right spot, but I need some help. I'm pretty decent when it comes to computers, I even held a job as a level 1 technician for a little while, but I'm the first to admit I only know the basics. I've run into a problem recently with my computer and I'm not sure what steps I need to take to fix it.

I was trying to upload some pictures into my photobucket account from my files on my pc, and when I clicked on the button to upload, it automatically closes the IE window. I then tried to log into some different picture sharing accounts, like flickr and rockyou, and still it would immediately close when I'd click on the upload button. After a couple attempts I decided to see if I could upload a picture straight to the site, rather than to a host first, and it worked. (logged into myspace, and clicked add a photo).

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
    M

*update - I installed Firefox and everything works normal from there so obviously it's a problem with IE. What that problem is, I haven't a clue.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

What version of IE are you using? Have you tried deleting your browser history to see whether that resolves the problem?

BTW, I'm wondering why you posted this in Hardware, not Software?

3. michelev

michelev Private E-2

It's IE 7, and I did try clearing everything to see if that would help and it didn't.

Like I said, I wasn't sure if I was posting it in the right place..... I only figured out that it was an IE problem after I had installed Firefox, which was after I made the original post. This is my first time using this site, I just wasn't sure where it went at that time. Sorry about that.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

It would help if you mentioned what version of IE you are running an also what version of windows.

5. michelev

michelev Private E-2

It's IE7.. the newest version. All my updates are complete. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition V2002 with Service pack 2

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

No problem.

I see photobucket.com has an FAQ area. I don't know whether it contains any info that would help you.

Are you using the new uploader? Have you seen the link to switch to the "old uploader"? You'll see it on the home page when logged on. You might try that and see whether it makes a difference.

7. michelev

michelev Private E-2

Well, I've tried all the uploaders, and also, its not just photobucket, its all the other ones I mentioned as well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds