Networking Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jourdo, Aug 12, 2008.

1. jourdo

jourdo Private E-2

I'll do my best to describe the problem, but am a little noob-ish for some of this stuff.

I've got 5 computers connected on a network (all running XP). I'm basically running a practice management program and radiographic program. Up until a couple of days ago, everything ran fine with no issues. Now, the workstations run slower than hell (and nothing new has been installed on any of them). I've restarted every computer, reset the routers and still have the same speed issue with the workstations. They are slow to connect to the respective databases of the two programs on the server. Now the server runs fine. No speed issues on it at all.

I'm a little stumped as to where to look, what to try and tweak, etc. Especially since nothing has really changed.

Any ideas?

(... and yes, I will be calling my tech guy in the next little while... but I would like to know where my issues may be)

EDIT: Is it worth doing a system restore on the server (in case something did get put on that shouldn't have)?

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Likely your database has gotten large, causing issues as its more data to browse through, thats were i would start.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds