CD and DVD drive problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dalglish1, Aug 12, 2008.

1. dalglish1

dalglish1 Private E-2

Hi, i hope you can help with the following...

I turned my PC on a few days ago to find the CD and DVD drives not working. I looked at device manager and found they had both been corrupted and it said the following for both items :

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Also, the Trident Video Accelerator Blade 3D/ProMedia display adaptor was corrupted and displayed this message :
    This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I had a look at my system and there was a trojan virus that had got on my pc and so i guess it must have been that which caused the problem..

anyway, in the last few days, i have been using the malware forum and all the procedures listed to get rid of the virus and chaslang helped me to do this..

he said that i would probably need to replace my drivers for the cd and dvd drives and the place to go is this hardware forum..

so here i am and i'm asking if anybody can please help me because i'm not sure what to do..

one thing i have tried already is the xpcd registry thing that i found on one of the stickies about replacing common driver problems but it didn't seem to work..

the basic problem is that both the cd and dvd drives don't show on "My Computer". and one other thing which i'm not sure is relevant is that i have DVD Region Killer V2.7 installed on my pc (although i have had this for at least 2 years)

if you need anymore info to help me, please ask and i will get back to you..

thanks in advance

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds