nvidia lan driver problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Philip_B, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Philip_B

Philip_B Private E-2

Hello, Thank you for any help.
    I I've Got a asus kn8e Deluxe Mobo with on board lan. I can not remove the old drivers or update. I cannot access the internet I've tried most of the fixes that I could find in the asus forums. when I boot in safe mode, the network adaptor does not show up, in reg mode I try to use the device manager to un-install and the system hangs. Can any one tell me how the manualy un install the drivers

asus kn8-E-deluxe
    athlon 64 3400+
    nvidia Network controller driver 4.4.1
    Is there any lan diagnostic tools?
    Philip_B

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    Is the problem with the network adapter a recent thing? Was it working OK up until a few days ago or what? You didn't mention what version of Windows you're using. So, if you can provide this info we may be able to help.

3. Philip_B

Philip_B Private E-2

Hello, thanks for replying, I run xp home with service pk 3 and yes it was working until two days ago (Aug 13) seems like it all started after the auto update from microsoft was installed, though I can't be certain. All the third party driver un install programs, that i've tried do not work. Is there a way to enable lan ports? I have tried to see if I could find anything in the bios about it but I could not
    Thanks again for your time.
    Philip_B

4. Philip_B

Philip_B Private E-2

Also I forgot to say that I've tried turning off the virus and firewall protection
    Philip_B

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds