Creating Adhoc network in Vista..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by parosblue, Aug 15, 2008.

1. parosblue

parosblue Private E-2

A friend has a PC running Vista Home Premium, and is connected to the internet via a 3G modem, which appears in Vista as a dial-up connection.

She wanted her sister to be able to use her laptop when visiting, so I installed a USB wireless adaptor and created an Adhoc wireless network turning on ICS.

It worked perfectly UNTIL I re-booted the PC.. then although the laptop 'sees' the Adhoc network it cannot connect - it doesn't get to 'acquiring network address" .

If I create a new adhoc network, all is well again with the new one, until re-boot.

Any ideas please?

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

It is acting as it is designed to do in regards to the ICS.
    See the next to last note in this article.

3. parosblue

parosblue Private E-2

Thanks, so this is a 'feature' of Vista ? It works fine in XP, but then nothing new there then :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds