Connecting LCD TV to computer - help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RadionUK, Aug 17, 2008.

1. RadionUK

RadionUK Private E-2

Hi Guys,

I've had this tv (Toshiba Regaza - 32AV505D) for a few weeks its been brilliant so far.

Now i have decided to hook it up to my computer via the hdmi cable on back of tv and the dvi port on the graphics card at back of pc tower.

The pc recognises it fine and it seems to set up fine but i cant get any image up on the screen.

I have tried changing resolutions and have tried using pc with just the lcd plugged in but no luck.

I have looked around a bit and cant see anything conclusive so i'm just asking here hopeing that maybe some one has come across with this issue?

I know the tv works fine and the pc is ok and i'm pretty sure the cable works coz the pc picks it up and says its connected.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Rob.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds