Wireless not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MikeyJJ, Aug 18, 2008.

1. MikeyJJ

MikeyJJ Private E-2

ok, this is really starting to annoy me. My laptop crashed a little while ago and a friend of mine reinstalled windows and stuff for me. But now my wirless does not want to work properly. I have a screenshot of what it exactly says.

Now if anyone can help me, I would be very much thankful.

Thanks

Mikey

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Mikey

Did your friend also install the wireless controlling application from your laptop maker? check the system tray icons for a wireless option, other than the red X'd windows one, if their is one then open that up and try and connect to your wireless, as the message from Windows is that another application to manage a wireless connection is enabled.

Also so we knwo what type of PC and possibel software we are addressing here, what is your laptops make and model?

3. MikeyJJ

MikeyJJ Private E-2

It is a Toshiba Sat M70-DL3

There is no other wireless config tool that I can find. I searched all of the add/remove nothing there. Double checked startup didnt see anything.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I went here http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_modSel.jsp
    but I suspect your model is not a US model because there is nothing for M70. You should be able to get your model and the look over the drivers and download the driver for your wireless card.

Here are all the wireless downloads for XP SP2
    http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...ivateItems=undefined&all_docs=false&x=36&y=12
    but I would not know which one goes with your model. That's why it is important for you to head to the Toshiba site, ind your model and then you will see exactly which wireless driver you need.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds