Logitech x-240 and Realtek HD - no sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by Reninportishead, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Reninportishead

Reninportishead Private E-2

Running XP pro and have just bought a set of Logitech x-240 speakers. Plugged them in as advised and have gone through the Realtek HD audio manager set-up and the speakers play the demo music fine.
    When I try playing a video, wav file or anything else I get nothing !

I've tried most things that have been posted by Muskie already but can not unistall the Realtek HD Audio driver in Device Manager. Error I get is "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer"

Tried downloading and installing the latest drivers from the Realtek website but keep getting an install failure error.

"Update Driver" in Device Manager = nothing happens (no options etc.)

Please help as this system is only 1 month old and has been working fine so far.

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Does your device Manager show any problems in Sound, Video, and Game Controllers?
    In Device Manager>System Devices, do you see the MS UAA Bus driver or Realtek Hd Audio Controller? Any problems there?

In the Realtek Audio Manager, is S/PDIF checked? If it is, uncheck it.

PS: You have to post at least twice before you can call me Muskie! :-D

3. Reninportishead

Mr. Musksnipe, all devices under Sound, video and game controllers are "This device is working properly" status.

Not sure what you mean by the S/PDIF checked - the Realtek Audio Manager I have doesn't have that facility anywhere.

In the Sounds and Audio Devices section in Control Panel, under the Audio Tab it says "No Playback Devices" and there is no option to change this (it's greyed out)

Under the Hardware Tab, the Realtek High Definition Audio has the following Device Properties;
    Manufacturer: Realtek
    Location: Location 65535 (Internal High Definition Audio Bus)
    Device Status: This device is working properly

Cheers :)

4. Reninportishead

Muskie, (as this is now my third post) - sorry I fogot to answer your question about the Device Manager - System Devices
    It says "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio"

Cheers:)

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Check that Windows Audio Service is started.
    Go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services
    Scroll down the list of services until you find the Windows Audio service.
    Right click on it and choose Properties.
    Make sure it is set to Automatic and Start is checked.

Post a make and model # if your PC is manufactured (Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) or your motherboard ID, if it is a build.
    I need this in order to locate your chipset driver, so that you can install that.
    If you don't know it, upload an Everest report.

Use Everest to get a report of your system’s hardware, OS, and drivers. Upload the report as an attachment
    Everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181
    When Everest is done scanning, click "Report" at the top of the Everest window, click next to get to "Report Profile", select "Hardware related pages", click next, select "Plain Text", click "Finish". Then when it is done processing, click "Save To File". Save it where you want to. (I would use Desktop.)
    Click "Go Advanced" in the MG reply box, scroll down a little way until you see "Manage Attachments", click it, browse to your file, click "Upload", and close the window. Then submit the post. You may have to also type something in the reply box, like, "Here's my report.", so that it will submit.

6. Reninportishead

Thanks Muskie, I've deleted the Microsoft UAA driver and re-installed the Realtek driver and everything is OK now !

:-D

7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

I would have gotten there soon. LOL
    Good work!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds