video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by christman, Aug 19, 2008.

1. christman

christman Private E-2

OK, I'm sure you guys are sick of seeing these threads but I just want a little advice for my computer. I am making my own and I have an intel motherboard. DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 slots for the video card and I am hoping to put a 64 bit OS in there in the future. I have gotten to the video card and kinda ran out of money for now and I kind of want to have a video card soon so I decided to go with a cheaper one. Around 300$ would be good. Under would be great. I would plan to get another card later one and hook them up so the size isnt too important. I was hoping you guys could recommend me one so I can keep going knowing I got the best I could get for now.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Those are good choices (I'm partial to the nVidia card).... you could also get two 9800 nVidia cards and run 'em SLI for about $300 if your motherboard supports SLI... the price on the 9000 series is really starting to drop....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds