nVidia 8600GT Max Resolution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by swalsh19, Aug 21, 2008.

1. swalsh19

swalsh19 Private First Class

I'm running Vista and have the latest drivers from nVidia. I have a 22" Viewsonic LCD w. native 1680x1050 resolution.

My problem is that the videocard is not allowing me to goto that resolution it is maxxing out at 1450x1050.

Please help me fix this as this resolution doesn't look so nice...

2. Appzalien

Appzalien Staff Sergeant

New monitors seldom come with drivers but you can get them from the manufacturers site. I have found that alot of resolution problems can be solved by installing the lcd models drivers. If you go into Device Manager and under Monitor it has Viewsonic and the model number, then that's probably not the problem but if it says generic or vga monitor then go get your drivers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds