Random Blue Screen of Death!! PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadowfury, Aug 22, 2008.

1. shadowfury

shadowfury Private E-2

Hey guys,

This is gonna be a long story but I just built my new computer just like a month ago and I'm having Blue screen of Death issues for some reason. My computer is extremely fast and good but I think what's causing this is I have no clue! Probably hardware issue or something? I have no clue, so that's why I need someone to help me.
    MY PC SPECS ARE:
    1. Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case. 2. 600 watt OCZ GameXstream Power supply. 3.Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ default 2.4Ghz. 4. MSI P35 Motherboard.
    5. 2GB DDR2-800 RAM. 6. GeForce MSI 512mb 8800GT. 7. Creative Labs X-fi XtremeGamer. 8. 320gb Western Digital Harddrive & a 750GB Seagate Digital Seagate harddrive(Both are SATA).

Anyways, I recently have encountered this Blue Screen of Death numerous times and occasionally it would randomly just appear on my computer. I was asking my friend was is causing the problem and he said that it was my Creative X-Fi sound card because my computer would just randomly show the "Blue screen of death" and I can't even see what it says but it justs appear really super fast on my screen like "0.1111" (not even close to a second) and after it shows the Blue screen it restarts my whole computer. Afterwards, my computer would either go to the screen where it asks you how to starts windows by "Safe mode, Slast known good configuration, or just Start windows normally." And it won't let me choose because it doesn't detect my keyboard and mouse. After the 30 second timer expires, it leads me to the Windows XP Load screen and just a little bit it shows the blue screen again and restarts my whole computer and it does this over and over again. So I'll just have to turn my computer off and let it rest for for like 10 seconds or so and turn it back on.

Finally, ones I turn my computer back on, it goes to the black screen where it shows the Award Winning Bios screen that says "Warning !!! the previos performance of overclocking is faileled, and the system is restored to the defaults setting, Press any key except "DEL" to enter SETUP...". And I have never overclocked anything before. And my windows XP Screen would just load fine and won't show the "Blue screen of death" again and restart my computer and instead does the "CHKDSK" process which takes so long.

Luckily, I manage to take a screenshot of the blue screen error before it restarts my computer. This process took me a while because the thing would just reset my computer over and over and over again. LIKE I SAID, This "Blue screen of death" is really fast, so I manage to take a screenshot though, Thank goodness.

Also, I think it isn't my Creative X-Fi Sound card, because my friend told me(Who is good at computers) that if the blue screen appears again and my Creative X-fi is gone, then it might be some software or malware issues. I have no idea what's going on, I DID A FULL SCAN WITH KASPERSKY 7.0 and it didn't detect any MALWARE whatsoever!!!

So my bottom line question is, do I have to REPAIR WINDOWS XP INSTALLATION? My files might be corrupted or something.

Here's some of the pics I took the screenshot the blue screen of death reads.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

sptd.sys which is shown as a problem on your 8E stop errors is part of Alcohol and Daemon Tools.

3. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

If you have random and inconsistent BSoD crashes that never seem to point to the same thing twice, it's usually a good idea to run a memtest.

4. shadowfury

shadowfury Private E-2

Oh yes, you're right. I would have random BSOD in the middle of something when I'm playing a video-game or loading things a lot. I ranned memtest86+2.01.iso when I reboot or boot my computer and it shows the results that my RAM failed everything. If my RAM is the problem, how am I even on right now?

Crucial Ballistix is the RAM I have and I managed to get a hold of them and get a replacement, Thank goodness!! So it was my RAM all along

5. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

RAM is kind of fickle that way. :)

Often, mild RAM malfunctions will allow you to use the computer, as long as you don't demand too much of it, just as you can get around just fine hobbling on a sprained ankle, as long as you don't try to run. If you have a large amount of RAM installed, that becomes even more true.

At least you were smart enough to buy RAM from a company that offers a life-time warranty and is known for honoring it without forcing you to bend over backwards first. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds