Recertified laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JJJIrish05, Aug 22, 2008.

1. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

With the school coming far too quickly I've been looking at a cheap laptop to use for school. Going to school for computer science. Was thinking about maybe making the laptop dual boot with ubuntu as thats what most the computers at school use. All I really need it for is programming, web surfing, and maybe a little wc3 or something during some of those annoying 2 hour breaks between classes if I have nothing else to do.

This laptop looked like a pretty good deal, but just wondering what you all thought about it. Also it's recertified and I'm not 100% sure what it is and if I should steer clear from it or not.

Any comments or advice would be much appreciated!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834147769

2. JJJIrish05

JJJIrish05 Sergeant

Anyone know if that graphics card would be good enough to play warcraft 3 on descent settings?

And still looking for any other feedback!

3. ralph3124

ralph3124 Private First Class

Looks good to me, with one exception:
    AC Adapter65-watt AC adapter Not sure if that's standard or not, but seems to be a little too small for the hardware enclosed. You may need a lap-fan under the laptop to keep airflow moving. But, that's just my opinion.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds