I'm confounded.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MrSchism, Aug 24, 2008.

1. MrSchism

MrSchism Private E-2

Video Issue.

It's been months since I posted here. I finally have a hardware issue that I can't figure out.

An Emachine got fried. We removed the power supply. That did not fix the issue. We replaced the motherboard (with one who's only issue is a non-responsive onboard video) and returned the original PSU. Nothing. We go back to the PSU that we upgraded. We get 3 beeps, a noticeable improvement. According to Intel, that's a RAM issue. We fix the RAM issue and add a PCI video card. Now we get one long beep. This is explained as "Refresh Error (with nothing on the screen and it is not a video problem)". Refresh error, apparently. What exactly do I do?

A quick response would be much appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I'm not sure where you found one long beep as a refresh error. From my searching, I found, depending on the BIOS, one long beep can either mean the RAM isn't seated or a keyboard failure.

3. MrSchism

MrSchism Private E-2

4. plodr

double post

5. plodr

To solve this you added a video card. Did you disable the onboard video? A refresh error sure sounds like video problem to me so I don't understand the Intel error as posted on the link you gave. Sorry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds