Help with static ip address

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maree464, Aug 26, 2008.

1. maree464

maree464 Private E-2

Could someone help me set up my static ip address? I am following the directions right and when I check the port it says port does not seem to be open.

I will send pics of what I do have and any help would be greatly appriciated.............

I am using a Netgear WPN824v2 router and I do have Vista.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PEBKAC

PEBKAC Private First Class

Posting your externally facing IP address isn't necessarily the wisest thing to do. You may want to edit your post and remove that screen shot or blot out the IP.

Is there a reason that you want to statically assign an IP address when it appears that your router is currently configured to act as a DHCP server? Any device added to your network should be able to pick up an IP address dynamically. Regardless, you should be able to reduce your DHCP scope on the router (to something like 192.168.1.2 through 192.168.1.200) and then statically assign any remaining IP address in the 192.168.1.0/24 class C which is outside of the DHCP scope (ex. 192.168.1.201).

3. maree464

maree464 Private E-2

4. maree464

maree464 Private E-2

Could you please tell me how to edit the original question? There is know edit button....there is an edit button on my reply but not the original.

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

You cannot. You only have a few minutes after posting to edit your post. After that it can only be edited by an Administrator. Obviously we don't wish to do that as:

1. It would take too much time to do for everyone, if required.
    2. It might change the context of subsequent replies already received before editing.

Simply post up your correction or additional information in another post in the same thread.

6. maree464

maree464 Private E-2

As pebkac replied.... "Posting your externally facing IP address isn't necessarily the wisest thing to do"....I thought I had better delete the post.....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds