Screen/ Hard Drive problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frankbrown, Aug 26, 2008.

1. frankbrown

frankbrown Private E-2

The LED screen on my Sager 3880 stopped working. When you shined a flashlight on the screen, you could see the images. This made me think the backlight was bad so I replaced the screen. However, with the new screen I am having the same problem. At the same time, I started to get "PXE-E61: Media Test failure, check cable; PEX-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM; OS not found" error messages on boot up. I stuck in a windows CD and tried to run a chkdsk but it wouldn't recognize my hard drive. I think my hard drive just happened to die around the time of replacing the screen. The laptop was working fine before this hooked up to an external monitor.

What I'm wondering is the replacement screen DOA or is there another problem, like the inverter, that is causing me to get the same problem? I concerned about spending more money to pay to mail the replacement screen back and buying a new hard drive if there is a bigger problem I'm missing.

2. frankbrown

frankbrown Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds