segate harddrive locked?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tym, Aug 26, 2008.

1. tym

tym Corporal

I have a seagate hard drive 250 gig harddrive. I try to reinstall windows, It says "unable to acess" that harddrive. Lets call it C drive. I ran segate tools and it says its locked. My slave drive segate is fine. Its just this drive is somehow locked and Im clueless. Sure hope you guys can help.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

What is the model number on the drive?

E

3. tym

tym Corporal

firmware 3aae

STX-L3510 (B)

Im guessing thats the number??

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

5. tym

tym Corporal

Sorry Fred I gave you the wrong number.

ST3250620A Ran a segate tool. Says its Locked yet I never found a option to "unlock" the sill thing. Sure hope you can help. I can do Nothing with it. Can not erase it. Nothing.

6. ralph3124

ralph3124 Private First Class

7. tym

tym Corporal

No luck with that one ralph. Windows only sees it when it is trying to install. Other than that its invisable. I am gonna keep trying. Give it another week. If no luck. I will pitch the drive and buy something else. Forsure no my seagates. Lock me out, Bla......

8. Borderlord

Borderlord Private E-2

Hi, have you tried mounting the drive using windows' disk manager? I had a similar situation installing a new drive, and had to go to the Administrative tools and get into disk manager. Locate the drive, right click and click 'Mount Drive'. Hope this helps.

9. algorithm54

algorithm54 Private E-2

It says right on the drive [should] to use "discwizard" on 250 gig seagate ATA on "auto" LBA or ATA in bios settings. Download from:
    Code:
    www.seagate.com/support
    . Worked for me. Also recommends 80 conductor cable for ATA performance.
    Good luck,,,,,,,,,,

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds