Hard drive indicates zero bytes used & free

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sunpalm, Aug 27, 2008.

1. sunpalm

sunpalm Private E-2

I am new to the forum, so I hope "hardware" is the correct forum. Anyway..
    I have cleaned thru "add remove programs" done adware removal, norton antivirus. My hard drive says there is no space to do anything. When I check the properties, it indicates "0 bytes" on used spaced and on free space. The only thing I can do is get online and open about two to three windows before it says it can't open the window. I can't run any programs or games. I would like to wipe it clean and start over, but I don't know how to reformat and partition, etc. a drive. Is this the best thing to do? I tried to do the CCleaner, but it won't open the window or download anything. Any suggestions outside of buying a new HD? :confused

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds