convertxtodvd cpu usage.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fallen Angel, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Private First Class

recently found the program, very useful
    the only problem i encounter is that when it's running - i can barely do anything else .

only during the burning process though.
    when its converting im fine - but when it starts burning, i get a .2 second lag on everything i do - music and video becomes choppy and unwatchable.

any solution in sight ?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  2. TISJUSME

TISJUSME Private E-2

Buy more memory for your computer.

Burning consumes large quantities of memory.

This may help out..
    1. CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up Windows Task Manager
    2. Under Aplications Tab - Choose the program (Right Click)
    3. Go to Process (Last option with the right click)
    4. Rick Click Process.
    5. Set Priority "Low" or "Below Normal"

It might help slightly

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yeah, converting videos is one of the most CPU and resource hungry tasks you can do with a PC (besides gaming). You can change the thread priority as suggested above, or when you launch ConvertX, click Settings > Encoding and change the Priority from Normal (which is the default) to a lower setting. This will also increase the time it takes to convert, and the PC will still run a bit slow. When I'm converting videos, I turn off the monitor and go do something else for a while. I have found that when I use the PC during a video conversion, the end result is not as good: the lip sync may be off just a bit, there may be skips and jumps in the video, and other anomalies that aren't really desirable, so it's best to just leave the priority settings alone, and leave the PC alone and let it convert....
    :-D

4. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Private First Class

well that kinda sucks .. i like to multitask lol

and it has nothing to do with the ram, i've got 3gb ram and its quite enough
    its just the cpu usage .
    3ghz x2 isnt doing enough for multitasking while burning a dvd apparently lol

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Then I respectfully suggest you need more than one computer. I have one computer working on one thing, another working on something else and meanwhile I'm surfing or playing on the third. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds