BSOD Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beeobee, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Beeobee

Beeobee Private E-2

my windows xp completely shut down all this come up is this blue screen(blue screen of death).. i have tried looking up how to get pass it, but not one of my safe modes will work.. i tried starting from nothing but the reinstallation disk can not find my hard drive.. i think it is a SATA drive.. its says it cant find it.. i have seem many solutions but none seem to work.. what should i do.. and by the way my blue screen of death said..

"STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    the windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down.".

:cry

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I did some research, and it appears that your error is usually hard drive (or file system) related. So, go to the hard drive makers web site and download their diagnostic tool. The download wil create a bootable floppy or .ISO image file to burn to a CD. Then boot to it, and run the extended in-depth tests. Many of these diagnostics also offer to repair any problems found. Try that and let us know how it goes... good luck!

. . . and welcome to Major Geeks! :wave :major

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Yes welcome to Major Geeks. Are you comfortable with pulling of the side cover and looking at your hardware? If so unplug and then re-plug any and all HDD back in from both ends. Re-seat your RAM and have a good look around for anything that may have worked lose. Then try and turn on your system again. We may have to have a look in BIOS so would be handy to know the number, make, model and array of any and all HDD.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yup... and the make/model of the motherboard and/or PC would probably be helpful too.
    ;)

5. Beeobee

Beeobee Private E-2

i have a Dell XPS 400.. if that is what your asking.. and i have a SATA hard disk drive... so i dont really know what that means.. what do you think? i hope that does some help for yall to help me..

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I posted that earlier... what do the hard drive diagnostics tell you? You should also boot to your XP install disc, enter the recovery console, and type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter. It will take some time so be patient, like up to or over 6 hours... you may think it has locked up, it hasn't. You might see the percentage counter go backward, don't worry, it happens. Just wait until it finishes, then type exit and press Enter to restart the PC; remove the XP CD and let the PC try to boot to Windows....

7. Beeobee

Beeobee Private E-2

well.. the thing is.. i cant get into my recovery console cuz it cant find my hard drive.. all i know is that i have a SATA drive.. no regular hard drive... and i dont know how to get it setup so i can use the installation disk..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds