BSOD problem..PLEASE HELP !!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Oathage, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Oathage

Oathage Private E-2

Hi. Can anyone please help me with my Laptop problems ! I really have no idea what to do now. I have a Compaq Evo N1020V, Microsoft windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.

2.00GHz, 992 MB RAM.

Basically my computer keeps restarting itself. I wouldnt say it is random restarting though. The bulk of the restarts happen when i either put in a DVD or if watching a movie and go to the next

chapter etc. However it also restarts occassionally other times. But when i think about it..it is usually video related. I've run AVG anti-virus, Ad-aware and RegCure and cleaned it up that way but still

it crashes.

The IT guy at work tooka quick look at it...and he said the fan doesnt work but the fan seems to work fine upon inspection.

My boss is pretty good with computers and he said he's pretty sure its a software problem. I havent got my original disks to re-install the OS so i thought i'd ask for help.

My boss said run the Diagnostics for Windows in the Control panel so I did but it crashed almost immediately after running with this BSOD message.

*** STOP: 0x0000008E (0XC0000005, 0XF3F9A962, OXF360CBAC, 0X00000000)
    *** BUFADPT.SYS - Address F3D03962 base at F3D03000, Datestamp 3ffdbe6d

After restarting due to the BSOD.....more often than not..it comes up and says ...Start windows normally or Last good configuration etc.....I hit either of them...sometimes it starts up and sometimes

it just keeps restartin itself at that stage. After a few times i give up and turn the computer off. Wait 10 minutes or so and try again and it starts up.

When it starts up...the latest error i get is....Microsoft windows..The system has recovered from a serious error. The error report is the following

Error signature
    BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F3F04962 BCP3 : F366DBAC
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

Error report contents

C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8f19.dir00\Mini102108-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\user\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8f19.dir00\sysdata.xml

Edit by bjgarrick: Inline log attached!

CAN ANYONE HELP ??....I'll buy ya a pint !..lol

Cheers

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2008
  2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Well I had that wrong. Buffalo Air station is a router?
    Try this, turn off wireless on your computer and then try to play a DVD. Does it work? If so the router might need a firmware update.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds