Trying to burn dvd, having audio lag problems.

Discussion in 'Software' started by zoogy, Oct 25, 2008.

1. zoogy

zoogy Private E-2

HI all, I've been downloading video from torrents and have been trying to burn them onto a DVD, but I'm having some trouble with doing it, whenever I burn them I get quite notable audio lag between the video. Pausing and starting the video again doesn't solve the lag as it sometimes does on say, streaming video.

I'm using nero to burn them so far, to play them on a standard PAL DVD player and TV.

Can anyone reccomend what I'm doing wrong, or point me to a program that can burn the DVDs correctly with no lag?

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Are they DVD format files or are you converting from Avi to DVD before burning?

3. zoogy

zoogy Private E-2

I've been burning straight from AVI through Nero so far. I assume nero converts them during burning.

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major
    I have never had good results using Nero to convert AVI files to standard DVDs. It was slow, the picture quality was generally reduced, and I always had numerous sound issues. Try using the freeware DVD Flick. It will convert just about any video format to standard DVD and will burn it too (just be sure to have a blank DVD in the drive before starting). It requires about 10gb of free space per movie, but after burning, you can delete all the files created if you want. You can also use FAVC which is also free, but it doesn't do the burning; it creates the DVD folders (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) with the correct files and structures and you'd burn those with Nero. I have used both FAVC and DVD Flick and they both work great. Expect to wait at least an hour to convert and burn a full movie. Also, for best results, burn your DVDs at 4x. I have noticed that when I burn faster than 4x or 8x, I sometimes get audio problems. If you don't mind spending a little money, take a look at ConvertXtoDVD and WinAVI. Both are excellent, and WinAVI is one of the fastest converting apps I've ever used. A free version of ConvertX (which is no longer supported or updated but should still work fine with most AVI files) is available by clicking this link. It's called DivXtoDVD and was the precursor to the excellent ConvertXtoDVD. I don't remember if it does the burning too, or if it just converts the files, then leaving you to burn the DVD files/folders with Nero or whatever....
    I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes!

[dlb]

(oh yeah.... a quick how-to guide for DVD Flick can be found at this link in a downloadable PDF)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  5. zoogy

zoogy Private E-2

Cheers will try those. Will keep you posted

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds