VPN for dummies!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mgriswold, Jun 6, 2003.

1. mgriswold

mgriswold Private E-2

I feel like such an idiot because I can't set up my VPN...

I have a home office and we are setting up a VPN between me and coporate, so I don't have to keep sensitive files on my home PC and risk losing them...

We have the VPN software set up, I connected using Win2K and everything looks good... HOWEVER, I can't seem to SEE the server on the other side...

How in the hell do I see the file sever in our corporate network to put my files on?? I tried Network Neighborhood/Computers Near me and Also NN/Entire Network and I still can't see our corporate network, just the systems on my side...

PLEASE HELP!!! I have spent the last few hours messing with this thing and I am starting to go crazy... Any input would be great...

thanks,

mike

2. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

depnds what kind of nework you have setup at work. Is it novel or sometin or just plain 2k with AD setup. once you're connected via VPN then ou should beable to see all he pc's oud see as if you were sitting at a machine in the office. IT might be a poblem on your side. Ideally when connected via a VPN to a network with a domain you should log ino hat domain after connecting the VPN. This would give you full access to anything tat your logon permits you to have at wok.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds