Long Beeping Sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Weskin, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Weskin

Weskin Private E-2

I plug my removable laptop fun to my CPU usb then the long beeping sound started and it did not stop..I panic and switch off the computer thinking that
    it will gone but when I switch on the CPU the long beeping is still there but
    worse the monitor view show only the compaq sign logo with f1 and f10 choices
    but you cannot access on them cause its freeze. please help !!!!

2. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

We will need some more information.
    Is this a laptop or a desktop. What make and model is it.
    What operating system are you using.
    Has there been any recent hardware or software changes to the machine.

Please proof-read your posts. Grammar and spelling errors can make it more difficult for us to help you.

3. Weskin

Weskin Private E-2

My computer is a five years old desktop, Compaq Presario S4200NX the DDR SDRAM memory is 512MB and my operating system is Windows XP Home. I don't have any recent
    changes on my software and hardware, because I only want to test my wife's laptop
    movable fan,it's as big as the laptop itself where you put your laptop on top of it as it give cool air under the laptop. But this time it does not work, it has a message in her laptop saying that "USB port reach it's capacity " that's why she ask me to test and run it on my desktop where I got this long beeping sound and monitor freeze.

And sorry for the wrong spelling and grammar...I was just too eager to solve this problem

Thank you very much for the response.

4. Senlis

Senlis Staff Sergeant

have you tried removing all devices attached to the computer (except for the monitor). See if that changes it.

edit: Also, does the beeping have any sort of pattern?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  5. Weskin

Weskin Private E-2

I already tried that one, removing all the attached devices except for the monitor but it
    doesn't work I also removed the RAM and put it back but still nothing comes out well.
    The sound is long without interval it only stop when you switch it off the computer, and
    I think the sound is the same sound when you boot the computer and it gives you the 1
    beep sound before it open the window page .

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

One long beep usually means a problem with the RAM or the video.

To test the RAM, remove one stick and try to boot up with one (note, the computer will be slow with only half the memory). If the beep is gone, then the stick you removed is bad. If you still get the continuous beep then put that stick back in but take out the other and boot up again. If it still beeps then it is probably a video problem.

As far as your wife's computer
    She has more than one thing plugged into USB ports and the ports can not supply adequate power. To fix this, buy a powered USB hub and plug the laptop cooler into the powered hub. The hub plugged into an electrical outlet will supply the power that the cooler requires.

7. Weskin

Weskin Private E-2

I already replace the RAM of my computer with a new one and thank GOD its running good
    now and the beeping sound is gone...thanks again for your responses

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds