Need Help Chassis Fans

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deb.dar, Dec 26, 2008.

1. deb.dar

deb.dar Private E-2

on my chassis fan there is one set of wires not hooked up and cant seem to find where they go...its the set coming from the fan itself..i have the set thats supposed to be hooked to the MB.. the one thats not plugged in it has only 2 wires ..can someone tell me where this would hook to ...TKS in advance

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Could you post a photo of this fan and its wires as some fans come with extra power connectors so that you can link another fan to in a daisychain.

If the one not hooked up has a larger connector and a yellow,red and black wire (or just red and black if 2 wire) then its likely a spare connector so that you can plug the fan directly into a PSU power connector and run the fan at full speed all the time, but if its working with what I'm guessing is the smaller connector into the MB then your ok no need to hook this one up as the fan power is comming from the MB.

3. deb.dar

deb.dar Private E-2

its not running and the fan has a larger plug..with a red and black wire on it

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Its likely to be one that needs to be plugged into a power connector from the Power Supply Unit, found this pic on the net that maybe what you have

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds