Are DECT Phones Bad To Use When You Have A High Speed DSL Modem?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by superstar, Dec 27, 2008.

1. superstar

superstar Major-Superstar

Hi,

We just got some "General Electric" [brand] DECT phones as a gift this Christmas. It comes with one main phone which plugs into the phone line, and an ac cord for the main base which plugs into the electrical wall outlet. It also comes with another phone and base which only plugs into the electrical wall outlet [ie: second phone is somewhat of an extension to the main base and doesn't plug into a phone line. I believe they're 1.9Ghz phones...

My question is are DECT phones bad to use when you have a high speed DSL modem? Or is it just like using my normal old 1990's style cordless phone?

I don't know much about the new DECT technology and wonder if it causes my net to slow down, interference, or any bad problems which would affect my high speed DSL modem which obviously uses a phone line.

[​IMG]

Source:
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/redi.../ge/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=2&idproduct=155

Thanks!

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Phones should only affect dsl if they arent' filtured. If filtered and setup proply it doesn't matter.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds