reading forum post....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cadar21, Dec 28, 2008.

1. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

I know this sounds stupid but i cant read the other post right....
    every time i open a thread to read a post ...the first subject is at the bottom of the page...followed by the newest post at the top.....
    How can i change it so that it runs normaly....
    First thread is the problem followed by the replys....

and not the replys followed by the problem way down at the bottom....

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

This is not really a hardware problem, but that's OK. ;)

You can try one of a couple things... at the top right corner of the 1st post of a thread, you'll see 3 boxes with downward arrows: Thread Tools, Search This Thread, Display Modes. Make sure that Display Modes is set to 'Linear Mode'. -OR- You can also use your user control panel to configure how threads and their posts are displayed. First you must log in w/ your user name and password. On the left side, up high, you'll see "User CP", click it (red box in the screen shot). Then go down and click on "Edit Options" in the left column down low (purple box in screen shot). Scroll down until you see "Thread Display Options" (green box) and go to the "Thread Display Mode" area (blue box) and select "Linear - Oldest First" from the drop down menu (yellow box). If you need more info on display modes, there's a help link right there to clear up any questions you might have. Then scroll down to the bottom to save your changes. That should do it!

[dlb]
    :-D

Attached Files:

3. cadar21

cadar21 Private E-2

Thank you....
    thats perfect....no i can enjoy reading the guides and long topics with out getting lost.....

THANKS AGAIN...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds