Memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by N4646W, Dec 29, 2008.

1. N4646W

N4646W Private E-2

Just tried to upgrade my memory on a Soyo Kt 880 MB. Have been running two gig in dual channel (2 one gig sticks). Added two more gig and the computer has a hissy fit. Will only see 2.5 gig. and keeps resetting the bios. The sticks are all good. Now if I keep two gig in dual channel and add two 512 sticks in dual channel it only sees 2.5 gig and still has a hissy fit. But I have one dead stick of 512, and when it is put in the system it see 2.25 gig and runs just fine. I have two of these MB and they both work the same. Any ideas, or is this why Soyo quit making MB?

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

From what I saw at dealtime.com, this board has a max supported RAM of 2GB.

3. N4646W

N4646W Private E-2

I have the last revision V2.2 Dragon. It is supposed to support up to 4 gig of non ECC. Unfortunately, you cannot get a response from Soyo regarding mother boards. There are no longer Bios up dates.

4. N4646W

N4646W Private E-2

The Soyo Kt 880 V2.0 is the board I have. I have two of them, they do support 4 gig DDR 400 in either dual or single channel. The serial # are not sequential, and neither will stay stable with 4 gig.

4gig will show either 2.8 or 3.2 gigs but will not load windows XP Pro. Using a bad 512 stick along with 3 gig shows 2.8gig, will boot into windows, restart and reset the BIOs. Using 4 512 sticks will not boot, even in safe mode. This is for both boards. All the slots check out, as does the memory with the exception of the one bad stick that I used to get it to boot into windows.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds