another mouse down? wtf :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Migz, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Migz

Migz Guest

kinda pissing me off now... i go through about 2 mice per month. sometimes more.ive had logitech ... microsoft... and a few other brand names ( usualy the cheaper ones seem to last a bit longer).

anyways.... they work fine for a few weeks then they ALWAYS without fail keep disconnecting / re connecting some times the lazors dont come on but the clicks still work.... and the other way round... and other times its just completely ruind.

everything else (keyboard etc) works fine, ive never had to replace anything else other then the mice.

they are USB 2.0 if that helps? o.o

is it worth me buying more mice? o.o help please!

migz:major

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

A shot in the dark
    It may not be the mice but the USB port--shorting or just not receiving enough power to run the mouse/hub

Have you tried a different usb port ---(basic I know ...you may have tried this)

I have no idea to check voltage... stick around a while and someone willl chime in

3. Migz

Migz Guest

thanks, an yea, ive tried them all, i just dont know why its happening to my mice and not keyboard :( this gaming with laptop pad is NOT going very well atall :cry

4. Migz

Migz Guest

speaking of dead mice..... my laptop has just ruind my brothers mouse just then.... some 1 help me.... THINK OF THE MICE!:cry

5. weberms

weberms Private E-2

Just for further information...

Are the mice themselves no longer operable on other systems once they are ruined on yours? Or are they simply no longer functional on yours but still work elsewhere?

6. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Another shot

Could this be a driver problem as the keyboard working on the same usb port that kills the mice(s) rules out a hardware problem.

A head scratcher, please keep us updated on progress

7. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

8. Migz

Migz Guest

no, when they stop working on my computer they dont work on any other machine. i got another logitech one, it worked fine for 2 days, then next day i try to use it it stopped, then the next day after that it was working fine again o_O WTF.

thanks ill take a look at that site now :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds