Security for wireless network

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fattwinkie, Dec 29, 2008.

1. fattwinkie

fattwinkie Private E-2

Hey how's it going?

Well, I got a question that would help me big time. I got to thinking that my network isn't safe. Now I would like to test this to see if it really is or not. The problem is I'm about to ask a question that you guys will be like wtf?

So to test to see if my wireless network is safe, I wanna hack into it. What I need to know is how do I do that while not connect to my network?

I just wanna see how vulnerable it is to attack if it does get attacked. So, does anyone know how I can hack my own network?

If it helps, I own a Linksys wireless-N router.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Well, take a wireless computer that is not associated with your network and see if you can connect. Your best option for getting help would be on how to secure your current setup. Setup wireless security, put a password on the router, don't broadcast the SSID...

I don't think you will get help to break in, but will find plenty of help to secure your network.

3. deezeejoey

deezeejoey Private E-2

Chances are no one is going to waste their time trying to hack into your home internet connection.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds