"Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FighterJetMom, Dec 29, 2008.

1. FighterJetMom

FighterJetMom Private First Class

Gahhh.

I am travelling in a foreign country right now with my laptop.

I have connected to their Wi-Fi network, which has WEP security.

My internet connection dropped out. I should note that during the period of time I could not access the Internet my PC could detect the Windows Media Player which appears to be the computer of the gentleman using his computer on the deck next door to my detect, so it appears I remained connected to the hotel's LAN throughout via wi-fi.

In the course of my troubleshooting I happened to look at Device Manager and I see that the pseudo-interface has appeared as a third new network adapter in addition to my wired and wireless connectors (both hardware--obviously the tunneling is a virtual adapter). It has an exclamation point and a Code 10. WTF?

The driver is up-to-date. I don't know if my poking at this was what made my internet connection drop out. I rebooted the machine, and tried disabling and reenabling the device. It still shows a Code 10 but I have internet access again.

Is it possible that the process of connecting to this strange foreign network enabled the pseudo-interface? Or was this caused by updating network adapter drivers? This machine uses Windows Vista Business 32-bit, which I think has Teredo enabled, I've just never seen it in my list of devices before.

Do I want to make the pseudo-interface work? I'm only likely to come to this particular country once a year, if that.

In my usual state of confusion,

FJM

2. pacpis

pacpis Private E-2

3. FighterJetMom

FighterJetMom Private First Class

Hm. It's quite possible I've had it all along and just never noticed it. It doesn't seem to be harming anything by being sort of broken. I appreciate the link, which tells me more about Teredo than I will probably ever be able understand. :-D I think I'll let it alone for now.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds